Friday, January 4, 2013

4.1.13
Yesterday we had squid, prepared in a way that I had never experienced with a broth for lunch along with sauteed greens and tomatoes.
For dinner we had fish (hake) and toasted bread with tomato as a spread and a special ham that is popular here. Cured much like ours in the US but better. All food seems better here. Fresher, healthier. 
Families and friends always linger at the table after dinner with chocolates and drinks...tea for us primarily.
This is when we talk about our day and try to understand one another. 
Our host family is very gracious about this. Which is good because I am still beginning to learn.
Our family consists of our madre, Ana and padre Cermelo. They have tres/three ninos/children, Ana, Pablo, Beatrice (Bea). The children are not children but young adults in their twenties. All very gracious. I think at least one of them may have given up their room for us to be here. 
We are staying in a casa that is like a condo in the States. More modern than anything and actually very similar to mine in the way Ana combines the old with the new. One piece of furniture was Carmelo's padre's and is at least 2 to 3 hundred years old. 

I hope to include pics of all of all of this today, along with fotos of host family, but must ask first.

I heard a saying yesterday about Sevilla -

"Anything is possible in Sevilla"

I can see why.

Time for siesta....

The day is just beginning for you - Have a good one and I will think of you as I go about mine -a

No comments:

Post a Comment